Here I quote the rules of the Game by Norie Huddle.
1. Speak the truth.
2. Acknowledge the truth when others speak it.
3. Come from love, respect, and gratitude.
4. Leave the trail better than you found it.
5. Expect miracles.
6. Do what gives you joy and create joy in what you do.
7. Be generous with who you are and what you have.
8. Be a good friend and teammate.
9. Clean up your messes, learn the lessons and move on.
10. If you have an idea for how to improve The Game, share it!
I love them as they are deceptively simple, yet challenging to practice. Each one of these rules is so deep and meaningful that each deserves a dedicated workshop or two by itself. My favourites are No. 9; it allows one not to be perfect. I also like No. 10 because it gives an open-ended invitation to all to contribute.
Yumi Kikuchi says in the book, "My life has changed completely since I started this Game. I cannot just turn into a butterfly overnight, but life turned from a repetition of the same pattern into an exciting journey. " She always keeps these rules in mind in her speaking engagements, e.g. Am I speaking the truth? Am I speaking from love and respect? She also suggests one needs friends to practice these rules with, and I totally agree with her. This is why I am inviting you to join the Vancouver Best Games Club! Please leave a comment to this post or email me if you would like to join.
Lots of love,